Welcome to Old Soul Studios, We love vintage and aged items that portray a silent story about them. We create new items from salvaged items and create new stories, kind of like the makings of "An Old Soul". We love the art of making something out of nothing, making something old into something new!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

More Nature Collections

Another nature collection I have is of vintage framed butterflies. I prefer to enjoy the ones fluttering by in the back yard, enjoying the fruits of all my flowers, but I like to honor these butterflies of the past and allow their beauty to still be admired. I have found several of these framed groupings over the years, I do not know much about the history but at one time they must have been a popular form of art. I picked up a new one this past weekend at a local flea market. I have also collected several vintage books on butterflies. Each year I have many different specimens come through my garden and even though I have all these books I have rarely took the time to look up their names. I just enjoy them! May you all have many butterflies cross your path~Jacque

1 comment:

  1. Butterflies are so pretty whether they are flying around or mounted in a frame(-: Great collection!!!

    ReplyDelete