Welcome to Old Soul Studios, We love vintage and aged items that portray a silent story about them. We create new items from salvaged items and create new stories, kind of like the makings of "An Old Soul". We love the art of making something out of nothing, making something old into something new!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What is a Flamingohead?

We are often asked what is a Flamingohead? So I thought I would share a little bit of this crazy fun we have. About 4 years ago we started following Antsy McClain and the Trailer Park Troubadours, and when I say follow I mean follow. We have attended over 60 concerts, collected a vast amount of useless (ha! sorry Ants) memorabilia, and have built a family of fellow fans that are some of the best people we know. Antsy travels out here to the West Coast on a regular basis and brings us all joy, good music and fellowship that I think even surprises him. So what is with the Flamingos?
That is me and Antsy a few years back, both of us younger, ha! This was taken back when I was star struck, now we are friends... well I guess I am still a little star struck but he should be too ha!. Antsy writes his own music and his inspiration was from his experience growing up in a trailer park... yep, that is where the flamingos come in... His music is funny, inspiring, thought provoking, habit forming and he plays with one of the finest group of musicians around.

This is Antsy and the Troubadours, they dress in bowling shirts and polyester slacks. The fans like to join in with the theme of the music, you never know what you may see at a concert or event... there is always a lot of pink, some polyester and just crazy fun... James and I join in, we as well as many other fans have clothes we wear just to concerts, like my hot pink Doc Martin knock offs and our vintage Hawaiian Flamingo shirts. Dressing up like hippies for a Halloween concert was a lot of fun!
The people we have meet along the way have enriched our lives, that is the kind of people this man and his music attract. The lyrics to some of his songs encourage discussions about what is important in life as well as reminding us to laugh, not only at life but at ourselves. Antsy is also a graphic artist and has created many humorous and beautiful pieces of art. I have the pleasure of owning one of the few hand painted guitars that he has created. Our dog Scout and I enjoying the guitar when on a road trip... yes I am wearing flamingo pajamas! What can I say, we love the fun that following Antsy has brought to our lives and yes we are Flamingoheads!
If you would like to learn more about Antsy and his music and art you can go here www.unhitched.com. He will help you live life by the Aluminum Rule "Thou Shall Enjoy The Ride".

3 comments:

  1. That guitar is amazing! Love the pajamas~ I have that same pair :)

    Antsy sounds great-- sounds like a great community of music lovin' folks and lots of good times!

    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacque: What a lovely tribute to both Antsy and our Flamingohead Family. I AM so fortunate to have met both you & James and I love our time together. XXXOOO, Ione

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, shucks. Thanks, Jacque, and yeah, I'm starstruck. You and that handsome James need a red carpet wherever you go. ;-)

    ReplyDelete