Welcome to Old Soul Studios, We love vintage and aged items that portray a silent story about them. We create new items from salvaged items and create new stories, kind of like the makings of "An Old Soul". We love the art of making something out of nothing, making something old into something new!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Favorite Things

Notice the date on this wonderful old calendar? Last summer when we went to So Cal to visit Aunt Alice we went into her old garage, there was all kinds of wonderful things hanging on the walls. I noticed this calender hanging far up in the rafters, untouched for many years. I commented on how I love old paper things so we got it down and she said I could have it. I was very excited to see the date of the last page turned! A new decoration to add to my vintage Christmas! This is a very fragile piece and I protect it carefully so it will hopefully last way past my lifetime so someone after me can enjoy it as well. I am pleased that my family has taught me to find joy in simple things...

2 comments:

  1. 1945..Wow! Very cool find. Kind of curious, how are you preserving it? I could use some ideas. I have some very old paper/clippings from the mid 50's. I love your different collections. I like to collect tons of sea glass, compasses, weathered bottle caps, vintage and antique bottles and most of all friends. :) Fair Winds and Calm Seas, Deborah Leon www.mermaidspurseseaglass.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about learning to appreciate old things. It is also SO fun to have dear friends to share those interests with. I am very grateful for that. love back to you, LT

    ReplyDelete