Welcome to Old Soul Studios, We love vintage and aged items that portray a silent story about them. We create new items from salvaged items and create new stories, kind of like the makings of "An Old Soul". We love the art of making something out of nothing, making something old into something new!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A repurposed sink!

I tore the sink out of a little old farm house that was being demolitioned, I actually begged the bulldozer guy to wait and give me 10 minutes, it was amazing what I was able to do in 10 minutes, I also flagged down a friend I saw driving by, ended up a few years later being James' cousin. So anyway I have had this sink stored for awhile and James has a good creative vision and built this wonderful garden sink out of it. I love the old recycled paint that has touches of blue and cream paint. The stopper is still hanging from the chain and just adds that tiny touch of charm! We will be showing this piece tonight at our Creative Gardener Gathering, hope someone loves it as much as I do, if I look at it much longer it will end up being a keeper! Happy Earth Day!~Jacque

3 comments:

  1. What a great save...that would be cool sitting
    outside in a garden area...
    Prim Blessings...
    Tonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. A true junker, awesome! And you STOPPED a bulldozer, you rock girl!
    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool dealio! I always love things like this - I'm looking for the double galvanized wash tubs on legs and I'd like a footed bath tub too. Always on the hunt! I have a wish list - sometimes I find things - sometimes friends do. Love your site...Jennifer jennsthreegraces @blogspot

    ReplyDelete