Welcome to Old Soul Studios, We love vintage and aged items that portray a silent story about them. We create new items from salvaged items and create new stories, kind of like the makings of "An Old Soul". We love the art of making something out of nothing, making something old into something new!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Seaside Bliss

This is a small grouping of some of my treasures from the sea.  I especially love the driftwood bird that I added to one of my many bird nest.  All the sea glass has been found on beaches up and down the California coast, I like the aqua blue and separate it to use throughout my displays. (I have small bags of sea glass for sell) inquire if you want more details. I collect the sea shell collections like the box in the background, they are rare, so hard to find but I have managed to get four of them at various flea markets. The ocean look became very popular over the last few years and it was fun for me because I have been collecting these things since I was a child.  My collections will have to keep me content until I move, We have accelerated our search for a new home on the coast so it should be soon!

8 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to share some of my sea treasures. Keep your eyes peeled for a post from me with photos of my collections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jacque...Harold writing to say "thank you" for visiting and for your encouraging words. Clearly we share some of the same interests and passions for treasures. When I started my blog, I thought I would be writing about collecting and my travels relating to that long-loved past time...ergo, my blog name of rharoldhollisantiques. It hasn't turned out that way, however. I see that vintage Airstreams is another of your interest. I have a 1966 Caravel (Bambi), which is sitting in Texas. I'm heading back to Texas at the end of February to work in my garden there and to exhibit at the Round Top Antiques Fair the first week of April. I think I will bring my Caravel back to Santa Fe with me when I return in late April. The interior needs to be redone. Your blog is beautiful, Jacque. Blessings from SF...Harold

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful display! Love the color of the sea glass with the earth tones of the other items. ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacque,
    You asked about my Angel cards. I sell them $5 each or set of 4 for $15. I will be posting my art for sale soon on Deb Did It blog! I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These found and pretty things do add value to our days, don't they? Lovely.

    Thanks for your kind words at my place.
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bird!! We have a driftwood "ducks head" we found at the beach over ten years ago! It looks like a duck..but yours IS a bird!! So cool!
    :)~j

    ReplyDelete
  7. we live a couple blocks from the beach. We really love it and find any reason to take a walk. Your collections are wonderful and I love that driftwood bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We always keep neat treasures we find at the beach, I have never found any sea glass though.....maybe some day. It sure is beautiful isn't it.

    ReplyDelete