Welcome to Old Soul Studios, We love vintage and aged items that portray a silent story about them. We create new items from salvaged items and create new stories, kind of like the makings of "An Old Soul". We love the art of making something out of nothing, making something old into something new!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweet Time...

One of the best parts of loving a creative man is I always get wonderful creative gifts.
The clock above was given to me today as part of my Valentines. When we re- decorated the front room to look like our beach cottage the old wood wall clock just didn't fit in. I had been looking around for a clock that I liked, without success. We had seen a large rusty mechanical looking clock at Potterybarn a few weeks back, I commented on how I liked the size and roughness of it, yet it wasn't our look. I love my new clock! it is rustic in all the right ways and even better it is a one of a kind and made with love... The foundation is a galvanized barrel lid and the letters are hand cut from old recycled sheets of iron, the clock parts are from a clock he purchased at a thrift store and disassembled. Our lives do not run around the clock, but I sure enjoy looking at it and it reminds of what a GREAT TIME I am having! Happy Valentine's everyone, I hope yours was as sweet~ Jacque 

7 comments:

  1. You are a very lucky woman to have that man in your life!!!(-: That is a delightful clock! What a awesome gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT CLOCK! VERY CREATIVE! YOU ARE ONE LUCKY WOMAN!

    CHEERS, JUDY

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it again James. Lucky you Jacque. Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time to your blog, and I am delighted that I found it by way of Dawn's The Feathered Nest. Love the clock and so many other treasures I spied on past posts. You're now in my favorites list. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Jacque! So glad I found your lovely blog today--love the name you chose! How lucky you are to have a man that "gets it"! I'm your newest follower & will be back often to check in--have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a guy! What a gift of love as well. Are you sure James doesn't have a single brother floating around somewhere?
    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete