Welcome to Old Soul Studios, We love vintage and aged items that portray a silent story about them. We create new items from salvaged items and create new stories, kind of like the makings of "An Old Soul". We love the art of making something out of nothing, making something old into something new!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Little Elegant Gardens

We plant in just about anything and everything. To add a touch of elegance to this rusty vintage violet cart I displayed our silver succulent gardens. The bird nest and vintage duck trio add a touch of whimsy to the look. We grow a lot of different, some rare, succulents so there are always a lot of choices for creating a container garden. I top each off with interesting mosses. The mosses I collect in jars in the green house until needed. They are all mosses that are dried and that I have rescued from discarded or inexpensive arrangements at thrift stores. Sea glass and other small beach combings make good soil toppers also. We have had these items at our shows and will continue to offer them. The duck trio is gone to a good home, and the nests I will continue to create. Happy creating and gardening~Jacque  

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful display(-: I love succulents! Today we went moss shopping and I got a ton. I filled three baskets and I have enough for that much and more! Now I just need something to plant in the baskets. Succulents sound perfect!
    CiNdEeS' GaRdEn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I love your blog Jacqueline. I collect sea glass as well along with beach found seashells and sea changed manmade objects. Thanks for sharing with all of us!


    Lisl Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacque,

    I adore your creative spirit. It seems like everything you look at has possibilities and that is such a special gift. Your succulent garden is lovely.

    I have not seen any whales, passing by my oceanside yard yet, but I have been told by some neighbors that they have. I would absolutely LOVE to be able to spot a whale. I do see dolphins and sea lions and lots of seabirds. The dolphins make my heart skip a beat every time I spot them frolicking in the waves. Truly a wonderful site that I never get tired of.

    It's so nice to meet a kindred spirit who loves nature as much as I do!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete