Welcome to Old Soul Studios, We love vintage and aged items that portray a silent story about them. We create new items from salvaged items and create new stories, kind of like the makings of "An Old Soul". We love the art of making something out of nothing, making something old into something new!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Dichotomies

di*chot*o*my - splitting into two (contradictory) parts.
When reflecting back on my weekend I was strongly aware of a pattern that was the theme of my little three day escape.  Each time something happened, shortly after if not almost at the same time the opposite would appear.  It was all very interesting to me and I knew it was for me so I began to pay attention. I saw the weather change to opposite in a matter of minutes, the land reshape in a matter of minutes, wildlife react in a matter of minutes, absolute respect for life one minute and the opposite the next, love and understanding expressed by parents one minute the opposite the next.  There were many others but I think you get the idea, is was continual throughout the entire weekend. There were very few people around, it is consider to be "off season" at the beach we went to so even though it was a beautiful weekend it was very quite. I couldn't help but think that this small group of people were possibly hand picked just for me, some kind of observation or lesson.  I usually don't even notice most people when we are at the beach because I am lost in my own thoughts and peace. Today I will take this experience and wonder how I am to grow from it, what was I to see and how is this helping me on my path.  The weekend inspired me to thank my parents for the way they taught me respect for life and nature, I am going to call them and tell them how grateful I am for who I am and for their teachings through example. As always the ocean recharged me, I face the new week with ambition and desire. Over the weekend I finished reading Elizabeth Gilbert's "Eat Pray Love".  I usually read a book over one day but this one I had carried around for some time. I'm sitting at the beach when I read this from her book: "I thought about one of my favorite Sufi poems, which says that God long ago drew a circle in the sand exactly around the spot where you are standing right now"

No comments:

Post a Comment